Terms & Conditions
Lady Betty Afternoon Tea Terms and Conditions:
The following special conditions will apply to Lady Betty Afternoon Tea bookings:
A pre-authorisation payment of £0.02 will be made and refunded on your card for the purposes of validating your card details. A £10 charge will be incurred if you fail to arrive for your reservation without notice, or cancel your reservation within 48 hours of your reservation time. A charge of £10 per person will be made. We will hold your table for up to 15 minutes after the time of your reservation. We reserve the right to release your table if you have not arrived by this time or called to let us know you are running late.
Welcome Email Free Delivery Terms and Conditions:
Enter the code within your basket and click ‘APPLY’.Please note free delivery will be valid only on orders of £30 or more, excluding postage and applies to one delivery address only. Free delivery is applicable to our Named Day service which is available Monday to Friday. Once the code has been accepted your discount will be applied at the checkout page. The code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Gift voucher purchases are not included in this Free Delivery offer. Offer applies to UK mainland delivery addresses only. Please note, some remote parts of the UK and Highlands & Islands are excluded from the UK mainland classification by our couriers. Please visit the delivery page of our website for a non-exclusive list of postcodes that are excluded. Orders must be placed before 23:59 on Wednesday 19th December 2018.
Bettys Centenary Memory Hub 2018: Terms and Conditions
1. The Bettys Centenary Memory Hub is owned and run by Bettys and Taylors of Harrogate Ltd (“Bettys”) of 1 Parliament St., Harrogate, HG1 2QU.
2. By submitting a comment with your story and any accompanying material below the Facebook post dated Saturday 6 October 2018 at 09:00, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Bettys will cease to review all comments submitted under the Facebook post dated Saturday 6 October 2018 at 09:00 at midnight on Wednesday 31 October 2018. Bettys cannot guarantee that any comments added under the Facebook post after this date will be read and considered.
4. Bettys will not accept stories and any accompanying materials, and reserves the right to delete any that are:
illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
5. If your story and any additional material is selected to be featured on the Centenary Memory Hub, Bettys will not contact you beforehand.
6. If your story and any additional material is to be considered by Bettys for featuring in a Centenary Film, you consent to Bettys making contact with you via Facebook.
7. All information and data contained in the comments section below the Facebook post dated Saturday 6 October 2018 and any accompanying material posted, whether used in the Centenary Memory Hub or not or in a Centenary Film or not, will become the property of Bettys upon posting and will not be returned.
8. If your story and (if applicable) accompanying materials, are selected to feature on the Memory Hub, Bettys reserve the right to:
Amend any comment that contains a typographical error.
Shorten any story in order to fit to space requirements on the memory Hub.
9. By submitting your story and any accompanying material, you agree to:
assign to Bettys all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
waive all moral rights,
in and to your story and otherwise arising in connection with your submission to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
10. You agree that Bettys may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.bettys.co.uk and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the memory hub and/or Centenary Film. You agree to grant Bettys a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the story and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the story and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
12. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Bettys may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to delete from its Facebook page and exclude your story and any accompanying materials.
13. If your story is chosen for filming and the potential to feature in a Bettys Centenary Film, you accept and understand that:
Bettys have the complete discretion and the final decision as to;
the content filmed;
the editorial aspects of the film;
the location of the filming;
whether the filming of your story is included in a final Centenary Film;
Should you be selected for filming, there is no guarantee that it will be included in the final version of a Centenary Film.
Bettys retain all intellectual property rights in all filming captured, whether the filming is included in the final film, or not.
14. You agree that Bettys may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.bettys.co.uk and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the memory hub and/or Centenary Film. You agree to grant Bettys a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the story and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the story and any accompanying materials for such purposes.