How to make the world's best milkshake from the world's best hot chocolate
Our award-winning Swiss dark chocolate creates the most delicious and velvety hot chocolate, but now that spring is here and the sun is making the occasional appearance, our thoughts have turned from winter warmers to summer refreshers.
So we set Chris Taylor from Bettys Cookery School a challenge: take our hot chocolate granules and see if you can use them to create a thick, creamy chocolate milkshake ready for the summer.
Dear reader, he succeeded. Oh my goodness, he succeeded.
70g Bettys Swiss dark chocolate granules
100ml whole milk
300ml whole milk
Two scoops vanilla ice cream
Two scoops chocolate ice cream
Two long drinking straws
- In a heavy-based saucepan bring to a simmer the first measure of milk.
- Place the hot chocolate granules into a one litre jug and pour over the hot milk. Whisk until the granules have dissolved and the colour is even.
- Pour in the second measure of milk and add the vanilla ice cream.
- With a handheld blender, mix the ingredients together to form a frothy milk shake.
- Divide the milkshake between two 250ml glasses.
- Place a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top of each and sprinkle with a few Bettys hot chocolate granules. Add the drinking straws and serve immediately.
Our Swiss dark chocolate is holder of the 2013 Gold Award for quality from the Academy of Chocolate. Made from the finest quality Venezuelan cocoa beans and infused with Madagascan vanilla, it comes in a stylish Bettys caddy. Click here to order and have it delivered to your home.