Five Ways to make summer last forever
Just because September is around the corner, there’s no need to feel like summer is coming to an end. Here are five ways to keep the sun shining, in your heart at least.
1. Strike out. Fill your pockets with Yorkshire Fat Rascals and go for a walk somewhere remote and exciting. Our classic hearty scone is based on a traditional Yorkshire recipe created, no doubt, with a mind on fuelling a ramble in the Dales.
2. Lengthen the day. These long days are made for al fresco dining. Invite over some friends, set out some summery cakes – a light Victoria Sponge or citrusy Lemon & Lime Cake perhaps – and toast the sun. Or mildly overcast skies if needs be.
3. Surprise a dear friend. Embrace the free spirit of summer by giving a gift for no reason other than love. It could be a box of Macaroons for a favourite aunt, or a Gift Selection for a dear friend you haven’t seen for some time. Order online, and we’ll add a gift message too.
4. Lady Betty Afternoon Tea. Every day when we set out the scones and miniature cakes, slice the finger sandwiches and prepare the exquisite teas, we think, ‘how many people can we make fall in love with Lady Betty Afternoon Tea today?’ This summer, could it be you? Make your reservation now.
5. Home baking. If, like us, you're already hooked on the Great British Bake Off, why not have a go yourself? Enjoy part 1 in our Bettys Baking Secrets - from getting the knack of kneading, to creating a homemade prover in your kitchen sink, these easy tips are all you need to bake brilliant bread and delight friends and family in the last of picnic season.
Treat someone special to Lady Betty Afternoon Tea£32.95
Made with our finest Grand Cru chocolate£4.95
Deliciously decadent Swiss dark chocolate cake with an apricot filling£15.00
Made with orange oil and Swiss Grand Cru dark chocolate£5.75
Four plump and fruity Fat Rascal scones in a pretty Bettys box.£8.80