Mother's Day Free Delivery Terms & Conditions:
*Free standard UK delivery when you order online or by telephone. Simply enter the code MOTHER within your basket and click 'APPLY CODE'. Code must be entered in upper case. Please note free delivery will be valid only on orders over £40, excluding postage and applies to one delivery address only. Once the code has been accepted your discount will be applied as you proceed through the checkout. Alternatively, please quote the code when you call to place your order. The code can be used as often as you like and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer applies to UK mainland delivery addresses. Orders must be placed before 23:59 on Wednesday 26th March 2014. Offer excludes gift vouchers.
Easter Free Delivery Terms & Conditions:
Free standard UK delivery when you order online or by telephone. Simply enter the code RABBIT within your basket and click 'APPLY CODE'. All promotional codes advertised through our catalogues and online will also be valid. Code must be entered in upper case. Please note free delivery will be valid only on orders over £40, excluding postage and applies to one delivery address only. Once the code has been accepted your discount will be applied as you proceed through the checkout. Alternatively, please quote the code when you call to place your order. The code can be used as often as you like and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer applies to UK mainland delivery addresses. Orders must be placed before 23:59 on Sunday, 13th April 2014. Offer excludes gift vouchers.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. We make all our cakes and chocolates by hand, so at busy times of the year such as Christmas and Easter, we sometimes run out. Likewise our teas and coffees come from faraway places where nature often intervenes to disrupt supplies. We do all we can to make sure you are not disappointed, but we have to say that everything on our website is offered for sale subject to availability. If we can’t supply what you want, we promise to let you know as soon as we can.
2. If for some reason we have to change the recipe or the shape and design of a product, we will contact you to offer you a suitable replacement item that would be of similar or even better quality at the same price. At this point you would of course be free to cancel your order. If you are not happy with the replacement item when it arrives, you can return it for a full refund – see our Returns Policy section for more information.
3. We are only able to send selected products overseas. Carriage prices vary for overseas deliveries and restrictions apply to some countries, so please contact us for more information. Bettys cannot be held responsible should local customs authorities confiscate any item or charge any import duty. Please be aware that for all parcels entering the US via a courier service, the FDA (Food & Drugs Administration) impose a custom clearance charge fee of $20.75 which is payable at the point of delivery by the recipient. This is not a pre-payable charge. From November 2010 all parcels over $60.00 CAD in value delivered to Canada by courier will be subject to duty and taxes.
4. Our prices include VAT where appropriate. We try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, but we’re only human and sometimes an error escapes our scrutiny. If this happens we will supply your goods at the lower price, unless it’s a significant mistake, in which case we’ll contact you first to explain and give you the option to cancel your order.
5. If you change your mind after placing an order, you may cancel your order before it is despatched by calling us on +44 (0)1423 814008. However, this doesn’t apply to cakes made especially for you if we have already started making it.
6. We will attempt delivery to an address and postcode as you enter it and cannot accept liability for late or failed delivery due to an incorrect address. If you are unsure of an address or postcode please check it using the postcode finder or call our Customer Services Team for assistance.
7. Under the Distance Selling Directive, you may also cancel your order within seven working days of delivery. However, this doesn’t apply to food and beverages or any item made specifically for you. To cancel your order and receive a refund, you must confirm this in writing and return the item within two weeks of receipt and in its original packaging to:
Bettys by Post
Bettys Craft Bakery
Please note proof of posting can’t be taken as proof of receipt. For more information please see ‘Cancelling an item’ under our Returns section.
8. Bettys, Bettys Café Tea Rooms, Bettys Cookery School, Fat Rascal, Lady Betty, Little Rascal and Mouse Bread are Registered Trade Marks of Bettys & Taylors Group Limited.
9. From time to time we may have to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
10. Please note from time to time we may need to substitute hamper and gift box items with items of equal or greater value. Hampers and gift boxes which include alcoholic drinks may only be ordered by customers aged 18 or over. Unfortunately we are unable to send alcohol outside of the EU but we can suggest suitable replacements for these items in our hampers.
11. We’re unable to guarantee delivery dates for Royal Mail and Airmail services. If your package is being delivered via First Class or Airmail then we aim to dispatch during the week that you've selected at the checkout, but we are unable to guarantee delivery dates as these delivery methods are not time guaranteed services.
12. Just in case you need to know, our registered details are:
Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Limited
1 Parliament Street
Tel: +44 (0)1423 814000
Registered Number 543821 England
VAT Registration Number 405696146